This immersion program, unique in North America, is designed for seekers eager to take their practice to a deeper level as well as experienced practitioners who wish to explore the benefits of continued commitment to a daily rhythm of practice with regular community gatherings.
“The Fire of Transformation has been the most powerful, transformative, and impactful experience of my spiritual practice. Hareesh and the team delivered authentic Tantrik teachings and practices that have filled my being with compassion, acceptance, and joy for others and the world exactly as they are. I know of no better method for empowerment and self-acceptance than this immersion program.” ~online Immersion graduate 2015
About the Immersion:
This immersion is a unique opportunity to gain a thorough grounding in the Tantrik “View teachings” that are traditionally understood to be a prerequisite to successful practice, and to learn those foundational practices that are not given publicly, but only within the container of a committed kula. Students receive this transmission of View and practice from Hareesh, an inspiring and approachable teacher who is both an award-winning scholar and a long-term practitioner; himself a humble student of his four key teachers. Furthermore, students learn from accomplished guest faculty on topics such as Ayurveda, prana cultivation, aligning with natural cycles, and altar building, adding up to a powerfully integrated and life-changing program.
This is more than a course: it is a complete immersion, a total process, a well-rounded spiritual and educational experience designed to bring about a permanent shift in your default state.
Local or Online, all students study videos, audio recordings, readings, have forum conversations, and utilie worksheets located on a central TRU website over six months as well as attend a four-night retreat. Students are presented with numerous yogic techniques to incorporate into a transformative daily practice which creates the foundation for fully awakening to one’s essence-nature. Minimum commitment is one hour each day as well as shifts in lifestyle, and additional 2-5 hours per week of content; however we offer enough content to practice with for 1-2 years. Each student receives a monthly personal session with Hareesh to discuss and tune the practices and lots of support on the forum from faculty and the admin team.
Local: We gather for six weekends at Wildcat Retreat Center in the Richmond Hills, CA. All local students have full access to online materials for review, but receive 80% of the content in person these weekends. Assignments and practices given on website, and forum participation is required. Weekends include complete schedule of movement, meditation, energy practices, mantra, lectures, meals, and community.
- March 19, 20
- April 9-10,
- April 23-24
- May 21-22
- Jun 11-12
- July 2-3
10a-630p Saturdays; 830a-330p Sundays. Option of staying overnight at Wildcat.
- Retreat in Redwoods: July 18, 2p – July 21, 3p
Online: Students study recordings of these local gatherings, in addition to the assigned web content. Monthly sessions are via phone or skype. Doors are open to attend any local part of the program.
The Immersion Includes
- lucidly presented wisdom teachings
- complete yogic lifestyle guide
- powerful awareness cultivation, centering techniques, and energy body practices
- individualized guidance withtailored practices
- mantra and kirtan
- illuminating reading and writing assignments
- practicing in supportive online community with well organized support
- organized central course website
- weekly workshops posted in streaming video (vimeo) and audio download (mp3)
- interactive forum with assignments and Q&A
- pdf reading materials and worksheets
- individual freedom to watch the videos at any point after they are posted
- connection to other students with a weekly buddy assignment
- one-on-one phone or skype check-ins with Hareesh– in person option for local students
- guestteachings by Dr Scott Blossom, Cristina Star, & Ekabhumi Ellik
- 4 night retreat Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
*A 150 hour Certificate of Completion is awarded in Yoga Philosophy and practice which can be used to apply for CEUs with Yoga Alliance or other registries.
“The Fire of Transformation course has lit a path for me out of the darkness. It has taught me how to accept what is. I’m still walking on that path, and with Hareesh’s teachings and guidance, I can see the sun shining, more and more brightly, each day.” ~ online Immersion graduate 2015
The Immersion that I had the honor to be a part of was in one word: transformative. Hareesh and Cristina have constructed a program steeped in wisdom, acceptance, and careful guidance that invites all involved to explore and discover the richness of a balanced life. With a wealth of knowledge and experience to share, they continually offer the most generous of gifts to the world.” ~ Kevin, 2014 online Immersion graduate
- Tuition: $1400
- 4 night retreat: $750 (room and board included) July 21-25 Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
Total Program Cost: $2150 ($1600 without retreat)
Early bird $150 Tuition discount if application in by February 1 and paid in full within 7 days of acceptance letter.
- Retreat is mandatory part of the program, though permission from instructor granted for special circumstances
- Additional cost for Ayurvedic meals during Local weekends
- Small additional cost for minimal supplies and reading materials
- Payment plans: deposit of $500, 5 payments of $350 (total: $2250)
- Work trade scholarships available.
- No refunds after March 15. Prior to March 15 full refund minus $250 admin fee.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: “Immersion Application”
In a succinct, open and authentic voice explain:
- Name, mailing address, phone number
- Are you applying for the Local or Online only?
- Why do you want to take the Immersion? What do you hope to receive from taking it?
- How will your presence contribute to the community?
- Describe briefly your *current* practice.
- Have you ever had a debilitating illness or been institutionalized?
- Anything else in particular we should consider in your application?
- If you are also applying for a scholarship, please include a scholarship application
- If you would like to sponsor a fellow student, you can pledge any amount to the Scholarship fund.
- Have you ever done online education before? If so what programs?
- Are you able to attend the closing retreat or any local events?
We will be in contact via email regarding your application.
“…almost every single person the immersion testified that it was a life-changing experience. Nothing could possibly exemplify the significance of transmission vs. teaching better than the 25 glowing faces I had the blessing to witness at our closing retreat….” ~Hareesh in Interview w BayShakti
“The immersion provided the support and focus I feel was lacking in my practice life. Many of my perspectives and attitudes have shifted in ways that I know will affect my life permanently. I am grateful. I found the course information heavy, so I have valuable material that I can continue to revisit and explore in an effort to keep my mind and heart nourished. The course has provided me with confidence in my personal practices and awareness of where I need continued support. I am additionally appreciative of the tools i now have to address whatever arises.” ~2015 graduate
“[This Immersion] is an opportunity to dive deeply into a Tantrik Sadhana as well as integrate the insights and openings of continuous practice into our urban lives and relationships. The format allows a digestion and integration of spiritual teachings over a year that unfolds more deeply than on a retreat or workshop away from daily life. Hareesh is the most available and caring teacher I have had the honor of working with and I feel deeply grateful to have a wise guide and friend. This immersion echos a feeling for the experience of being part of a Tantrik kula a thousand years ago, practicing deeply within a small community with direct guidance and support from a wise friend.” ~Raia, Immersion graduate 2011
“Nothing has brought me greater joy than supporting the incredible personal transformations that occur during and after the Immersion. This program offers precious depth and integrity that is rare in the cacophony of new age fluff spirituality. Year after year I am awed by the fast impact these ancient practices have when integrated into the modern life with passion and commitment. This is truly a science.” ~ Cristina, director of the program